Loads of info at https://www.va2pv.com/dv4home
The DV4home is another member of the successful family of DV4 products. As usual it supports all digital modes, while simplifying and extending the supported functions. While it acts as a “home” for the DV4mini it can be easily used mobile or portable as well. It is a stand alone unit that does not need a PC to operate.
There are 2 versions available, the DV4home and the DV4home compact.
The DV4home uses the same microcontroller platforms as the DV4home compact, but adds 2 AMBE3000 chips, a microphone and a speaker connector to the unit. There is a built-in speaker and the microphone is included.
These components allow these additional functions:
- Direct Internet transceive mode without a DV4mini by using the microphone and the external speaker. This is an economical alternative if no local wireless signal is needed. In this mode the DV4home supports D-Star, DMR, dPMR, NXDN (and later C4FM via software update)
- Dual mode support: even without a DV4mini inserted the unit can be simultaneously connected to a D-Star and a DMR reflector, using 2 separate speakers to play the respective audio streams.
- Transceiver mode connects a D-Star or DMR radio via a plugged in DV4mini to a reflector.
- Conference mode requires a DV4mini inserted into the unit and allows to use the built-in microphone/speaker connectors and the RF connection through the DV4mini to a DMR or D-Star radio. This mode works in D-Star and DMR.
- Transcode mode allows to use a digital radio in one mode and connect to a reflector in another mode. Use your D-Star radio to try out DMR! The following conversions are supported:
- D-Star → DMR
- DMR→ D-Star
- Later via software update:
- All –>. Fusion (C4FM)
- Fusion (C4FM) → All
- DMR/D-Star Bridge mode allows to interconnect DMR and D-Star reflector rooms using the licensed DVSI AMBE chips. This mode bears the risk of creating loops in the network, therefore a free license key is required which also helps that the installations can be supported by the network administrators to assure a flawless integration.
- IPSC2 and DMRplus bridge permits the connection between DMRPlus.
|Power||9-15V, 1A, barrel connector 5.5/2.5mm|
|Ethernet||RJ-45, 10/100 MBit/s|
|Speaker||Stereo 3.5mm for simultaneous dual mode operation|
|Microphone||DTMF, Electret with modular connector|
|DV4mini||Integrated shielded compartment with USB connector|
|USB||WLAN or LTE stick for wireless internet connectivity|
|Line out||3.5 mm 1 Vss|
|Display||256 x 64, 4 lines OLED|
|Temperature range:||-40C – + 85C|